I am almost done with the Back to the Classics Challenge 2017 and am super excited to get started on the Back to the Classics Challenge 2018!!! I have discovered several new loves thanks to the last two years I have participated in this challenge and am excited to see what other new loves I might find in 2018! Instead of planning my books out for 2018, I am going to just list some of my initial ideas and we will see where the year takes me!! (And as the year gets ready to start, I have started to finalize those choices and gone back to edit this post to reflect that) These are the categories:
1. A 19th century classic. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (1817)
2. A 20th century classic. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (1931)
3. A classic by a woman author. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte (1847)…then I will have read one of each of the Bronte sister’s novels!
4. A classic in translation. A Hero of our Time by Mikhail Lermontov (1840)
5. A children’s classic. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle (1962)
6. A classic crime story, fiction or non-fiction. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (1926)
7. A classic travel or journey narrative, fiction or non-fiction. Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien (1954)
8. A classic with a single-word title. Sons by Pearl S Buck (1932)
9. A classic with a color in the title. Goldfinger by Ian Fleming (1959)
10. A classic by an author that’s new to you. Dracula by Bram Stoker (1897)
11. A classic that scares you: The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant (1926)
12. Re-read a favorite classic. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery (1908)
Bonus: I would like to read the Apocrypha.